Monday 11 July 2011

Sweet 16 Birthday Cake!

Hi!
So here is a quick update of one of the cakes I made in the last month. It was a Sweet 16 Birthday cake for a friend of mines daughter. I had previously made a cake for her sister the week before and she had expressed that she wanted one for her birthday as well. Her mother told her that she was sorry but she had already arranged for a normal store bought cake, but little did she know I was making hers too. I didn't make the same one obviously, but went for a more Girly approach. She LOVED it, which obviously makes me super glad! Anyone who puts their heart and soul into any creative project wants people to like what they do. And I have finally admitted to that fact. I have always been the person to blush and turn down compliments. It is only recently that I have been able to accept them and actually say thank you... I still blush though :-). One step at a time!

When I say I put my heart and soul into a cake i mean it. I woke up in the middle of the night because I was just itching to finish the cake.... so I did! I was up from 3:00 am to 6:00 finishing this cake off.. I was very tired later that morning and was lucky enough for my husband to have that day off to help out with our daughter :-). It was worth it though...



No comments:

Post a Comment